Screencast o Matic Lag

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MrDotta
2845 Views, 2 Replies

Screencast o Matic Lag

Hi, 

I am trying to do screen recordings for my students using screencast o matic.  I even have the pro version and downloaded it to the computer.  The program works fine when recording my desktop, word docs., etc, but as soon as I try to record my AutoCAD 2014 screen the mouse lags.  I've tried it on both a Dell 780 PC and a Lenovo tablet and have the same problem.  

I have also tried CamStudio.  I had problems here too.  I get the common error message when saving the recording... "file creation error. Unable to rename/copy audio file".  After fixing that problem by changing save locations and other settings like the number of frames per second and playback rate, my voice does not match up with the video recording.  I've tried adjusting the numbers but nothing seems to work.

FYI, I need to upload videos to YouTube when done

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: MrDotta

have you looked at autodesks tool called Project Chronicle

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=B1507125C2A64E64971F348EB815C3C0

some examples: https://chronicle.autodesk.com/

don't know if you can upload to youtube with this

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
jggerth
in reply to: MrDotta

Chronicle hosts the material on Autodesk servers, so youtube would not be an option

At a guess, the video in the PC and /or tablet aren't able to handle Acad and the screen capture -  possibly try turning off hardware acceleration in Acad (or turn it on if it's off)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost