Did you mean: 

One line 17.2MB

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
rodb
493 Views, 17 Replies

One line 17.2MB

How can it be that one line in AutoCAD 2013 can create a drawing file that is 17.2MB in size?

It is a 2D floor plan and the whole dwg is 24MB in size. using Ctrl C to copy the line results in the computer stalling for some 5 minutes. Pasting that line to a completely new dwg results in another dwg file of 17.2MB. Saved as a DXF file it is twice the size.

LINE      Layer: "1209-Base Plan Ground Floor$0$Z Detail 2"
                            Space: Model space
                   Handle = 5c925
              from point, X=-434.6284  Y=-3867.3358  Z=   0.0000
                to point, X=-434.6284  Y=3482.6642  Z=   0.0000
          Length =7350.0000,  Angle in XY Plane =     90
                  Delta X =   0.0000, Delta Y = 7350.0000, Delta Z =   0.0000

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
braudpat
in reply to: rodb

Hello

Maybe you have this problem :

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

I imagine that you have purged your DWG and "Wblocked" it to an new DWG ?

Have you installed the SP2 on your ACAD 2013 ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 18
rodb
in reply to: braudpat

Yes I purged it and tried wblocking it, same situation and same problem on AutoCAD 14 and 12. Yes we have SP2. I will have a look at your link now.

Message 4 of 18
rkmcswain

My initial guess would be that the drawing is polluted with the DGN linetype bloat issue.

Can you upload this one-line DWG to dropbox or somewhere where we can take a look at it?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 18
braudpat
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hello

My link was relative to this DGN problem ! ... So we are waiting for the OP ...

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 18
rodb

Yes am sure that is the problem, just downloaded the Hotfix for AutoCAD 12, 13, 14 and will go into the office tomorrow and sort it out. It is behaving exactly as described for DGN bloat. Never seen anything like it before in at least 25 years of using AutoCAD.... One line 17.4MB!!!!

Message 7 of 18
rkmcswain

Never seen anything like it before in at least 25 years of using AutoCAD....

Oh, I have. There have been similar bloat issues regarding REGAPPS, layer filters and Xref Scale List entries in recent years.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 18
braudpat

Hello from France

<Humour ON>

YES it's a new deal between Autodesk and HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc ...

So people will have to buy New PCs : superb Workstations with very high speed Xeon, 32/64 Gb memory, NVidia Quadro 4000, Fast SSD, etc

With this hardware, you can load and use your "big" DWG : one line !!

<Humour OFF>

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 18
rodb

The computer is hanging after issuing the command dgnpurge.  It gets stuck after a while. I'll go into office tomorrow and and try it on AutoCAD 13 and 14.

Message 10 of 18
mathewkol

FYI, this fix has been implemened in the 2015 Purge command.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 11 of 18
rodb
in reply to: mathewkol

Thats good news I'll download the 2015 and try it

Message 12 of 18
braudpat

Hello

I haven't tested/used the DGN Tool on ACAD 2012 !

But I have already used it on ACAD 2013/2014, so ... plaese let us konw ...

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 13 of 18
rodb

It did not work for me with V12 but I have downloaded and installed 2015 and the purge command does now clean up DGN problems my file has gone from 23MB to 5MB and all works fine including CTRL C.

Message 14 of 18
rodb

Just one question I seem to be stuck in a Paper Space window going into Model space, can't get rid of paper space only wants to work from paper space in a model space viewport which is nasty. Tried flipping from PS to MS using the strip at the bottom of the screen and typing MS or PS but still stuck in a viewport window.

Message 15 of 18
jggerth1

quickest way -- type TILEMODE and set it to 1

Message 16 of 18
rodb
in reply to: jggerth1

I have set tabs again but even then its a pain having to deal with a drop down instead of seeing all your paper space layouts in one long strip below the command line.

Message 17 of 18
mathewkol

Not entirely ceetain what you're asking for this time.  You don't see the layout tabs along the bottom?  Turn them on: Options, Dusplay tab, near the bottom left.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 18 of 18
rodb
in reply to: mathewkol

Yes you have to turn them on, but now instead of being in a long strip as soon as you add a few layouts they fold into a pull down, just means two clicks instead of one a case of getting used to the tweeks in layout. I did find the toolbars difficult to read but will play with the display settings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost