AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Distinguished Mentor
darawork
Message 11 of 11 (32 Views)

Re: List number of faces...

06-12-2013 12:31 PM in reply to: nestly

0Templates were made last year, 2013 software.

The problem mainly affects my file-linking into 3dsMax Design 2014.

When it autosaved by default every 5mins, I bumped it up to 30mins because it was really taking ages to save.

I never checked the filesize of the linked Cad file. In the end I had to go to the extreme measure of turning autosave off altogether.....

Then I checked the filesize... firstly the Max file (huge), then Cad (huge), eek. Thar she blows etc.

It still doesn't account for the snail-paced autosaves / crashes in Max, but it got me worried that Cad was also playing up.    

Anyway, I'm far away from the work pcs now, and can't compare files from here; So thanks for all the help, I'll pop back tomorrow with more horror stories.

System information: Win7 x64 / 3DSMax Design 2015 / AutoCad 2015 / Xeon E31225 quadcore @3.10Ghz / PNY GTX760 XLR8 2GB (335.23 Driver) / 24Gb Ram / Corsair 650w

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube