Did you mean: 

Linetype text upside down with a DVIEW Twist

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
toney.lowery
2745 Views, 11 Replies

Linetype text upside down with a DVIEW Twist

Thanks for taking a look at this...

A coworker has a drawing he's twisted 90 degrees with DVIEW. As a result some of the linetypes with text are upside down. Any ideas how to resolve this? I've tried REVERSE but that didn't rotate the text.

Thanks again

Toney

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

what linetype is it? Is it a customized linetype?

If so look to the parameter "U" for the rotation parameter within >>>that description<<< about linetypes.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12

Alfred,

Thanks for the reply.

There are custom linetypes. I double checked and the rotation is set to
"u=0" for all the custom linetypes we use.

Shouldn't this hold true even if the sheet is twisted 90 degrees? But as a
workaround I'll test out creating a special set of linetypes and give them
an absolute direction to see if that changes things.

Thanks

Toney
Message 4 of 12

Hi,

>> Shouldn't this hold true even if the sheet is twisted 90 degrees?

The sheet is twisted or the content of the view (the view itself) in a layout is twisted?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 12

Alfred,

I'm not great at linetypes, so I cannot tell where to get the U information you needed for the previous poster.

I have the same issue.  I am dview/twisting my viewport so that north points more or less south.  I can rotate my text and multileaders, and can switch from left to right or right to left my dimension texts, but all linetypes show upside down.  I cannot reverse them, I cannot draw them the other direction, I cannot rotate them.  

Do you have a solution in mind for this problem?

thanks.

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

can you please upload a drawing with some of the lines + the LIN file (and maybe the SHX file if the linetypes need them) so I can look into your settings and linetypes.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 12

Sure.  I don't believe this needed an SHX.

This file has a DVIEW applied.  as you can see, the linetype text is upside down.

thanks for your support.

Message 8 of 12

Hi,

can you please send me the LIN file too? Just to make sure I have the original file and not something exported from the DWG.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 12

I cannot, no.  The linetype exists in the template drawing that our drawings are started from.  I couldn't tell  you where the LIN file is, and it likely is only the standard ACAD.LIN file if I could. 

I tried extracting the LIN out of this drawing, but can't figure out where the LSP file is saving it.

long story short - the DWG is all I have.  I hope it will do. 

Thanks Alfred.

Message 10 of 12

Hi,

>> I double checked and the rotation is set to
>> "u=0" for all the custom linetypes we use.
>> Shouldn't this hold true even if the sheet is twisted 90 degrees?

I did some tests, at first the linetype I get exported from your drawing uses rotation "r", not "u".

Anyway, also "u" does not help as it takes the WCS as base for the "readable" view of the linetype text.

However from your first post:

>> I've tried REVERSE but that didn't rotate the text

When I use _REVERSE to revert the direction of the polylines in your drawing it works for me.

Do you get any information in the command line telling you what's not working?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 12

Thanks very much these thing are small but very important:)

Message 12 of 12
Deshi10
in reply to: ajeetanuja

This issue may have nothing to do with the .LIN file. I recently received a .DGN that I converted to .DWG and some linetypes appeared mirrored. I did UCS > OBject and click on the beginning of the line. The result was an upside down ucs. It's almost like these lines were drawn from below, looking up. 

My manual fix:

I drafted a line segment onto the end and did a join which turned it into a 3D polyline. Then I converted it to 2D and the linetype appeared correct. 

Doing that to every line sucked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost