AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Message 1 of 1 (251 Views)

HELP - Error Message: "Fatal Error: No More Memory - Shutting Down"

251 Views, 0 Replies
11-15-2012 04:31 PM

This morning I tried opening my AutoCAD (2013) file, which already contained a LOT of 3D models and I recieved the error message "Fatal Error: No More Memory - Shutting Down."  Obviously as a result, I was unable to open the file.  Upon attempting to open other AutoCAD 2013 files that I had saved, which did NOT contain 3D models, I recieved the same message.  I then tried to open a brand new, blank .dwg CAD file and again, Fatal Error message.  I told my CAD Detailing teacher today about the incident and she insisted that because multiple CAD files wouldn't open, the files were NOT corrupted but that it was an issue with my computer (using 64 bit version), to which I still am skeptical about.  I cannot go into the file and delete all of the extra 3D models that took up so much space because the program will not open to begin with.  Has anyone encountered this before or knows how to solve this problem? Or even if I cannot recover the 'corrupted' file, how can I make the program run normally again at this point?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube