Did you mean: 

ERROR Unable to load profile file AutoCAD 2013

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wparsonsdta
9362 Views, 5 Replies

ERROR Unable to load profile file AutoCAD 2013

Attempted the procedure here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-U... to replace the \support\msxml\msxml6_x64.msi file, including running REGSVR32 MSXML6.DLL with no success. I continue to get the ERROR Unable to load profile file, some profile information saved in last session may not be restored. on my AutoCAD 2013.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

if your profile is defect (and you have not done to much customizations in it) you might reset it to default using the item "Reset settings to default"-item in the Windows startmenu, Autodesk section.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
FT398
in reply to: wparsonsdta

I'm now being plagued by this problem but for me I'm using AutoCAD 2014. Every morning I get this error and I have to use the 'reset' option to get back up and running but this is a real pain because I then have to spend time getting things configured. I have never had this problem before on any release of AutoCAD and have been using 2014 for 12 months with no problem but something has happened in the last couple of weeks which has made this a daily occurance. Once I have got the profile fixed, it works all day long with no problems. I can close and re-open CAD, I can even reboot my machine and I get no errors but then the next morning without fail I get the message that my profile can't be loaded.

I have no idea what has triggered this behaviour as no software has been installed or altered that may have had some kind of effect. No Windows updates have been installed so to the very best of my knowledge the machine is basically unchaged other than this continual daily error.

Does anybody have any idea what actually causes the error and what 'profile file' it is that can't be loaded and why it can't be loaded?

Message 4 of 6
apodsim

The only method to resolve this error is as follows:

1. Close AutoCAD and go to the list of installed programs and select the version of AutoCAD you are using and click the Uninstall/Change option.
  2. Select Repair or Reinstall and then select Repair.  This process takes only a short time to complete.
  3. Launch AutoCAD and you will still see the error message.
  4. After AutoCAD loads, Type “OPTIONS” on the command line and go to the Profiles tab.  If you created a custom profile you should now see a “unnamed profile”.  Rename this profile or create your own named profile and set it as current.  Delete any other profile as this is the corrupted *.ARG file.
  5. Before closing out OPTIONS, export the profile to a location you remember so it can be imported the next time the current profile becomes corrupted.

When the error message appears again and it will at some later date, all you need to do is import the saved profile and skip the step of having to repair AutoCAD.

Message 5 of 6
apodsim

This does not work.. Tried it twice and no change.
Message 6 of 6
apodsim
in reply to: FT398

Two words "AutoCAD Bug" Same problem on version 13/14/15

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost