Did you mean: 

DXFOUT script

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pixelarch
3325 Views, 6 Replies

DXFOUT script

Dear All,

As discussed in another topic, i used DXFOUT as below to reduce file size. It works well so I want to create a script for that.

1. Type DXFOUT to export to DXF file.
  2. Open the newly created DXF file and run PURGE > ALL, -PURGE > REGAPPS and AUDIT.

SaveAs the DXF file back into a DWG file.

The problem is when we use dxfout, it will export to a DXF file but still open DWG file. It means we have to open that DXF file to fix. Cannot use 1 script to do that.

I try thi script to save as to dxf, save as will open that DXF automatically and continue with purge, audit but the file size not change.

saveas
dxf

-purge
r

n
audit
y
saveas

y

I think the problem is the different between saveas and export. Please advise.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: pixelarch

Why not PURGE, AUDIT and delete Regapps before you DXFOUT?
You seem to be breaking the eggs inside the package then trying to pick out the shells afterwards to me... .
Message 3 of 7
pixelarch
in reply to: pendean

Last time i got the problem with file size then i used DXFOUT to fix that. The process is DXFOUT first then open DXF file for purging, auditing then save back to dwg.

If we purge, audit first the file size is still big.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

file size problem? can you elaborate?If the problem keeps appearing then this method is not fixing it, just resetting the file.
Message 5 of 7
pixelarch

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/Empty-CAD-file-18MB-in-size/td-p/3937947

This is the previous topic relate to file size. I use DXFOUT and fix that file. The problem just appears when somebody copy elements from the bad file. Please see this topic also http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/Copy-Paste-multiple-drawings-ignore-AEC-o...

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Like I wrote, you are not ever fixing the file, you are just resetting it over and over again.
See your other post, it's time to possibly permanently fix your file with -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command, then PURGE, AUDIT, WBLOCK and whatever else with or without DXFOUT for it to be as small as it will ever be.

THEN repeat to every other file you have so no one copies anything to/from it and introduces the problem.

Your chosen method of splitting one problem into three different discussions is not really helping you solve the problem is my guess. Stick to one and keep at it. Good luck.
Message 7 of 7
rajith_raghunath

Thank you. It works with the error which was showing as 'Please enter to continue'

@pendean wrote:
Why not PURGE, AUDIT and delete Regapps before you DXFOUT?
You seem to be breaking the eggs inside the package then trying to pick out the shells afterwards to me... .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost