Did you mean: 

DXF circle hollow information

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hakandtu
448 Views, 4 Replies

DXF circle hollow information

Hi guys,

I have a DXF (created from Inventor) which I need to analyse. I know from the PDF exportation that the circles in the drawing are hollow (I did not draw the DXF), but where do I find this information in the DXF file itself? In the entity section only center point and radius are given.

/Hakan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: hakandtu

Hi,

a circle is a circle, that has no filling and so there is no special info about "hollow" or "not hollow".

You are absolutly right, there is a centerpoint and a radius (besides of layer, linetype, lineweight, ...), but that's it.

Anything "not hollow" would be a 3D-object, so in case of a circle it might be extruded or might have a value > 0.0 in it's property "thickness" or at least it is a cylinder.

Does that answer your question?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
hakandtu
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for the answer.

I know from the PDF that the circles encloses an area where it is hollow. I assume there must be some information about this in the DXF since it is clear in the PDF?

The circles in the PDF are stated as circles in the DXF, and no extrusion value are specified.

/Hakan

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: hakandtu

Hi,

>> I know from the PDF that the circles encloses an area where it is hollow.

>> I assume there must be some information about this in the DXF since it is clear in the PDF?

A circle in AutoCAD without 3D-info is not filled, point. There is no property in AutoCAD for a circle like "filled (yes/no)".

If anything is clear in PDF then it's necessary to know what has created the PDF, what converter or software at alle has created that PDF?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
hakandtu
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

It gives pure sense that without 3D info in the DXF there is no filling information. The DXF is generated from Inventor.

I've attached a part of the PDF which illustrates a cross-section of the material. The horizontal lines means it's hollow?

/Hakan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost