Did you mean: 

Autodesk Exchange Apps/Autocad version install

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drafting
312 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Exchange Apps/Autocad version install

Hi Peeps,

I've retained previous AutoCAD install for precautionary reasons and upon downloading add-in apps from Exchange, have discovered they install within AutoCAD 2013 instead of my current preferred AutoCAD 2015. Despite 2015 being the default for all .dwg operations.

Any idea of how I can direct these apps to 2015? Or any reason justifying a deletion of 2013 from the system. Thought it best to keep for now, just in a transitionary period...I've read elsewhere in some cases the license for previous version expires after a day count of new version install.

Thanks for any assistance.

Nic.

Nic - Drafting in Domestic Construction
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: drafting

Was your add-in specifically listed for 2015? Go back to the exchange page and look, most likely not. Then contact that author for assistance: Autodesk Exchange is like eBay or iTunes Store or Google Store, the seller provides support (even if it is a freeware).

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP

certain apps in the autodesk exchange website require a certain version of the autodesk software

since 2015 just came out last week don't expect every app to be updated for 2015

was the app you installed supported on 2015?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
drafting

Hi Dean and Darren,

You're both spot on, upon closer inspection 2015 compatibilty isn't listed on either of the apps I couldn't load in to 2015.

The one I did get working is compatible with 2015, so that all checks out. I'll put it down to a lack of close inspection on my behalf.

Thanks for your responses.

Cheers, Nic.

Nic - Drafting in Domestic Construction

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost