Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD2014 crashes after I attempt to use hatch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
madelineegerow
1831 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD2014 crashes after I attempt to use hatch

Autocad seems to be doing just fine after I installed it, however I just tried to use the hatch command and it freezes. If I try to click anywhere else it's a black screen and I have to shut down autocad after that. Also if I try to do hatch, it never used to ask me if I was sure if I wanted to apply it and now I have to type 'Y' for yes, I'm sure. Recently I downloaded windows 8.1 and autocad wouldn't work then, so I 'refreshed' windows and had to reinstall autocad. After all this now hatch is basically crashing the program...can someone please help!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jggerth1
in reply to: madelineegerow

win 8.1 is not a supported platform for acad 2014.  If you want to stick with that OS, then you really need to migrate to 2015 - which is supported.

Alternatively, upgrade your OS to Win7.  that's still available for purchase from many vendors.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

In addition to the excellent info from others... Change your HPDLGMODE variable setting and see if that helps.
Upgraded and newer video card drivers may help too.
Message 4 of 5

Ok how do I download that driver? I really don't want to install Windows 7 if I don't have to.. and I tried to change that value but all it does is make the hatch option come up first but it's still freezing. I tried to use hatch in a new file and it works just fine..I'm thinking a currupt file but I'm not ready to loose all the work I've done.

Message 5 of 5
jggerth1

Updated drivers will have be retrieved from your PC vendor, or the Card manufacturer.

If it's just one drawing, you can run AUDIT  on the file, and see if that identifies any problems.  Also run the PURGE command, and then -purge with the R option to eliminate regapps.

And finally, you can Wblock the drawing out to a new file.  That hopefully will clear it up without losing the entire kit and kaboodle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost