Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Educational Plot Stamp Issue

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
taylorcassidy1454
1049 Views, 23 Replies

AutoCAD Educational Plot Stamp Issue

I have a issue with the Educational Plot Stamp. I am using a registered copy of AutoCAD 2014. I work with a customer who has an older registered version of AutoCAD (not sure which version). Having said that, he receives drawing templates from his vendors that apparently have the "educational plot stamp" on them. He can see this but when I open the drawing, I do not see it. Apparently 2014 makes it so I cannot see the stamp, however it doesn't remove it. Therefore, if I work on the drawing (not knowing the stamp is there) and forward to someone else, it makes it look as if I am using an educational version of autocad. I do not like that. I would rather know the message is there so that I can DXF it out. Is there anyway I can set up my acad to automatically remove these stamps or at the very least let me know the stamp is there so that I may remove it? I appreciate any help here. Thanks!

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

@taylorcassidy1454 wrote:

....so that I can DXF it out. ... so that I may remove it?

Sounds like a request for information that would violate the EULA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 24

That's not at all what this is. If I already know how to remove a stamp do you think I would post it here and that would be my only reason for making a post??? I do and should have the ability to remove a stamp as I have been a registered user of AutoCAD since 1995. You must not have understood my issue. I do not know the stamp is there because for some reason release 2014 does not show it. Therefore If I were to work on a drawing and forward it to a customer it looks as if my company is using an educational version of autocad. To me, that is not good considering my company has paid for at least 100 seats of autocad. It looks bad on my company and makes it appear that we choose not to use a full version of autocad.

Message 4 of 24
pendean
in reply to: taylorcassidy1454

1. EDU stamps show up in files that were created with EDU software or had EDU content added to them.
2. Your license type is irrelevant: once content from EDU files enter your file, they get the stamp.
3. All this is by design to discourage the use of EDU content in non-EDU environments.
4. Removing EDU stamps from drawings is considered a license violation by everyone doing it. Regardless of circumstance, EDU stamp presence makes the violation present.
5. There is no fix for 2014. Sorry.

JDMather's reply is simple: you showed up at Autodesk, registered to tell Autodesk where to find you, told everyone here and Autodesk you routinely violate the restriction on EDU and are asking permission to do so again. Kind of like walking into a police station and robbing someone: not he wisest thing to do.

Read 1 through 5 again. It's not pretty.

Good luck my friend.

Message 5 of 24

Check out Shawn Niles' post on page 3 of this thread:

EDU Stamp Discussion

I used to think it was a pretty black & white issue before reading that thread; now it seems even autodesk sees it as a grey area...

Message 6 of 24

Based on your first post, I believe the proper course of action would be first notifying AutoDesk of the circumstances so they can audit the offending company/ies.  Once that is done, refuse to accept drawings from the offending source until they can demonstrate proper compliance via clean audit reports from AutoDesk.  To knowingly accept drawings from a source which you *know* is passing on EDU content isn't a good idea, professionally or legally.  Looking for a means of identifying which drawings are EDU content and "reformatting" them isn't professional conduct.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 24

You can purchase something to scan a drawing for the EDU stamp. http://www.manusoft.com/software/eduscan/store.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=6 I think this one is free, I quickly scanned the page so check it out yourself. http://www.jtbworld.com/edufinder.htm

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 8 of 24
dgorsman
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Once again, Jimmy riding to the rescue.  Looks like the JTB version is for 10 files, while the paid version is unlimited numbers.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 24
servicesdrafting
in reply to: dgorsman

Is there any other process to solve this problem?
Message 10 of 24
DarrenP
in reply to: servicesdrafting

@servicesdrafting wrote:
Is there any other process to solve this problem?

no

suggestions have been offered on this thread

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 24
robaldsc
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, but....I created this new drawing in my new AutoCAD 2015, e-mailed to my co-worker who has autocad 2013 and the stamp showed up.
Note that I had a 2014 educational version on my computer that I removed.
Could a piece of that software be effecting my new 2015 version?

Thanks
Message 12 of 24
JDMather
in reply to: robaldsc

I don't see where you indicate whether your r2015 license is commercial or student?

Go to Help>About AutoCAD

and post screen shot of License version (remove your personal serial number from the screen shot).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 13 of 24
pendean

Doesn't work if you are using EDU licenses of AutoCAD, but for the rest of us here is the info from Autodesk ... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Educati...
Message 14 of 24
jason

Note that I had a 2014 educational version on my computer that I removed.
Could a piece of that software be effecting my new 2015 version?

============================================================================

Are you using ANY drawing content that was created or edited with the EDU version?  

Message 15 of 24
robaldsc

No, It was the first dwg on the new software to be used as a test to make sure that the stamp was not there.
Again I will ask...Note that I had a 2014 educational version on my computer that I removed.
Could a piece of that EDU (that I uninstalled) software be effecting my new 2015 version?

Ron Findley
Senior E&I Designer
"Think safety... and act safely"

* 4265 San Felipe | Suite 620 | Houston, TX 77027 - USA:http:> * Direct - 713.400.4412 | Fax - 713.400.4779 * rfindley@waterstandard.com | www.waterstandard.comAttention: This communication may contain information that is confidential, privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original, all attachments, and all copies of this communication.:http:>
Message 16 of 24
M_Hensley

The EDU software will not cause you to get the stamp, it is caused by any content that was touched by the educational version at one time. Whether it is a drawing, a block or a template it will bring the educational stamp into your drawings created by the non-educational version.

Message 17 of 24
robaldsc

I understand everything that you are telling me. I have done endless researched this subject. That is why it is confusing to me that I created a new drawing using the new software. It contained one circle and two squares. I didn't inport anything nor did I use anything that was created in the previous software. I uninstalled the previous software first, then installed the new 2015 software, opened a new drawing, drew a circle and two boxes, saved the drawing to acad 2013 (the default), emailed to myself in work, emailed it to the person with 2013 software.
When she opened it, it had the stamp.
I'm going to try it again tonight and I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks

Ron Findley
Senior E&I Designer
"Think safety... and act safely"

* 4265 San Felipe | Suite 620 | Houston, TX 77027 - USA:http:> * Direct - 713.400.4412 | Fax - 713.400.4779 * rfindley@waterstandard.com | www.waterstandard.comAttention: This communication may contain information that is confidential, privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original, all attachments, and all copies of this communication.:http:>
Message 18 of 24
JDMather

@robaldsc wrote:
Could a piece of that EDU (that I uninstalled) software be effecting my new 2015 version?

Is  your new 2015 version commercial license or student license?

Go to Help>About AutoCAD and report back what it says. (not what you think it is, but what AutoCAD reports)

Product Information.png

EESignature

Message 19 of 24
robaldsc
in reply to: JDMather

Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Sent from Windows Mail
Message 20 of 24
GrantsPirate

Where did you obtain the 2015 software?

I have 2015 commercial license, I can open a known EDU file, save it.  Open in 2013 commercial license, no EDU stamp is present.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost