ARG Export Not Saving[2014

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Oli
Enthusiast
393 Views, 8 Replies

ARG Export Not Saving[2014

Hi All, I'm trying to create an ARG file, I've customized the file locations, colours etc... Applied and then Exported. However when I Import the profile and Set Current everything goes back to defaults, and yet when I click back on to the one created its all good. Any ideas why the Export isn't working? I've tried it in AC 2014 & 2012 I'm hoping I've missed something! Thanks
Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Oli

Hi,

what product & version & servicepack did you use when you exported your profile, what product & version & servicepack did you use to import that profile?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
Oli
Enthusiast
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

AutoCAD 2014 - Service Pack 1 for import and export Thanks Oli
Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> everything goes back to defaults

So to reproduce I tried: added a path to the support paths, applied the changes, exported the profile, closed AutoCAD, opened AutoCAD, imported this ARG-file to a new profile-name, made this new profilename active ... and now you lost the added support-path? Sorry, I can't reproduce that, for me that woked.

To get more close to the problem we have to start at:

a) is the export defect

b) is the import defect

...therefor open the ARG-file in an editor (notepad++ or similar) and see if the changes, in the above sample the path added, are present in the ARG. So we know where to search, a) or b)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
Oli
Enthusiast

Looking at the ARG file it looks like all the paths are there so it must be an import defect Oli
Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you upload the ARG file here? Maybe it's necessary to ZIP it.

And just to make sure: you are sure you gave the imported profile a new name ... and that new name is then listed in the list of profiles.

And a second check: are you sure you have enough permissions to rewrite the registry (as the import needs)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
Oli
Enthusiast

Hi Alfred, Here's the file, I've tried changing the name, and it does list and I set current. it could be the locations that I'm mapping to, but i don't think that would affect the colours scheme etc. I'm an admin on my pc so i would hope that i could write permissions, but i'll have a double check . O
Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Here's the file

Not here. Have you zipped it?

>> I'm an admin on my pc so i would hope that i could write permissions

Not necessarily, try to start AutoCAD via right-click and option "Start as administrator", then you have your full permissions.

And please let me know what detail you modified so I can look to that after importing it.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9
Oli
Enthusiast

Just had ago by run as admin and its worked fully! didn't think that made a difference if you were an admin Amazing Thank you! Oli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost