AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (434 Views)

Table formula sum only shows only pound symbols - but Preview shows value

434 Views, 4 Replies
11-27-2012 07:54 AM

I have several tables that previously showed the Table Sum value but now after another table with a sum forumla all are now showing just ############.  I've gotten past this by adding a row below and then deleting the row but this is a constant pain that I'd like to find a solution for.

Thanks!

Doug

Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (433 Views)

Re: Table formula sum only shows only pound symbols - but Preview shows value

11-27-2012 07:57 AM in reply to: douba

I just added a row below, deleted current row/cell (only a 1 column table), and then recreated the sum formula.  The value text shows up but when I switch to PaperSpace it goes to ############.

Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (431 Views)

11-27-2012 08:01 AM in reply to: douba

I did the same for all tables using the same sum forumla and in Model Space they all look right with their values.  Then I switch to Paper Space and they're  ############.  I did a regen in Model Space throught the Paper Space viewport and no change, just  ############.  I close the drawing and reopen and no improvement.  I close AutoCAD and reopen both AutoCAD and the drawing and still  ############.  Argh!

Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (424 Views)

11-27-2012 08:15 AM in reply to: douba

AutoCAD 2013 was no different.

Back in 2010 I was able to bring back the value text by clicking in the cell, right-clicking, selecting Edit Text, cancel that, repeat the process and it comes back.  But then I save the drawing and gone again and back to  ############.

Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (420 Views)

11-27-2012 08:28 AM in reply to: douba

I couldn't not find a solution with the feature as designed and functioning.

What I did do was make copies of the tables, repeat the steps in my last reply to get the text values and then I exploded the table (to lines and mtext).

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube