Miguel

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 2 of 5 (923 Views)

Re: ScriptPro 2.0 Error - Error while reading log file

08-24-2012 06:58 AM in reply to: miguelvalencia5598

I am using Autocad 2013x64 and seeing the same error message:

"Error while reading log file for <Path:\filename>"

I might have 100 files in the batch to process.  Sometimes all of them will process fine, but then other times some of them will fail.

I have tried slowing down the process (Settings>delay during process ).  I tried changing the location of the scriptpro process log file to c:\temp (Settings>Process log folder).  Neither of these helped at all.

I can manually open the file and run the same script that is bn run by scriptpro and it works. I like the new 2.0 interface and the fact that it now works with x64... just cant get it to run.

I installed AutoScript.  This works great and runs inside Autocad. To get it to run, first Command>Menuload and browse to "Autoscript.cuix". Then APPLOAD and put \Cadig\Autoscript\Autoscript2013x64.arx in to the startup suite. Now to run this type AUTOSCRIPT on the command line.

miguelvalencia5598
Message 3 of 5 (919 Views)

08-24-2012 07:19 AM in reply to: karthur1

Under the Script Pro Settings, I increased the "process timeout per drawing" to 100 and that seems to have solved the problem. :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 4 of 5 (896 Views)

08-27-2012 08:34 AM in reply to: miguelvalencia5598

I was also seeing a "Fatal Error:Unhandled Access Violation at..." .  I tried various times for both "process time-out per drawing" and Delay During Process.  I never could get it to run without it giving me errors.  It was random too, once it would fail on one drawing, I could make changes to the settings and re-run it on the same dwgs and it would fail on different drawings.  Somtimes it would fail on the same ones, but sometimes it wouldn't.  The drawings that it failed on would open fine in autocad when I open them up, so there is nothing wrong with the dwgs.

I finally gave up on ScriptPro 2.0.  Too bad.

Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (704 Views)

01-21-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: miguelvalencia5598

I increased the "process timeout per drawing" to 100 & had no better results.  In my case, I was trying to purge all via script.  I enabled the drawing log file and noticed that a file for which ScriptPro had previously fialed, a dwg that had a lot of things to purge (as seen in the dwg log file), ScriptPro would give me the "Error while reading log file" error.  After purging several items manually - particularly linetypes, the longest list of purgable things - the script no longer failed on the dwg.  So certain files can cause the error.  Also, dwgs that did not cause an error by themselves did fail after scriptpro encountered upstream a file that failed.  In my case, I used accoreconsole.exe on Win XP 64-bit.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube