Did you mean: 

Rollover thumbnail preview in xref manager

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CadKid1
772 Views, 4 Replies

Rollover thumbnail preview in xref manager

Can anyone tell me how to turn the rollover file preview off in the reference manager (it pops up as the cursor passes over the file name?).  I have been told that I showed someone how to do this, but really can't remember now.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: CadKid1

In 2013, turning off ToolTips does it (TOOLTIPS = 0 or Options, Display tab, uncheck 'Show ToolTips").  (I think it was the same in 2010.)

Message 3 of 5
diane.cloutier
in reply to: dmfrazier

Hi,

I came across this post while researching a similar request and wanted to share what I found out with you.  Turning tooltips off will fix it but if you want to keep tooltips on, you can change the tooltip behavior in the External Reference palette:

1. Right click in the empty area inside of the External References palette
  2. Select Tooltip Style and then either "Name" or "Details"

The default is "Preview Details" and there is also a "Preview" option.  Those will both show the thumbnail, but "Name" and "Details" will not.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 4 of 5

Ok, so I just discovered that if you are trying to eliminate is the "Processing image" progress bar that shows up when the tooltip preview is generated for an image file, setting the "Tooltip Style" to "Name" or "Details does NOT change this behavior.  It is true that the thumbnail no longer shows up in the tooltip, but the "Processing image" progress bar is still displayed.  dmfrazier was correct in that the only way to stop that behavior is to turn off tooltips all together (at least as far as I can tell).  

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 5 of 5

THANK YOU! I've never had thumbnails show in my xref manager, but I've been crashing quite a bit lately just by hovering over the wrong orthoimagery reference. Processing image... processing what image? All fixed now, fantastic. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost