Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overkill command crashing because undo file over 2,000,000?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
XueShanDeng
860 Views, 6 Replies

Overkill command crashing because undo file over 2,000,000?

I am using autocad 2011.

I am trying to get rid of the duplicated line from a 30M file.(too much lines duplicated)

When I using OVERKILL command on more than 1000 objects, autocad crashed.

the error pop up is “fatal error: cannot write to undo file (probably disk full)”

err.jpg

Solution I try: I delete almost all files in temp folder, and it raise to 2000-3000 files, but still very frustrating..

err1.jpg

And this undo.ac$ file may be the one causing problem.

As long as it reach close to this number 2,000,000kb, AutoCAD crash.

I try to disable undo command, but if I set undo->control-none

everytime i run overkill, it give me this,means I have to set undo to 1. can't set it to none.

err2.jpg

Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: XueShanDeng

Does the same happen if you use OVERKILL on fewer objects? Like maybe 100? or 10?
Are you running WinXP or similar 32bit OS?
Are you running out of HD space? C: drive space?
Is the file actually located on the drive that has room?

Are you sure your file doesn't have other issues? RECOVER or AUDIT commands to fix them, then PURGE to delete content.
Message 3 of 7
XueShanDeng
in reply to: pendean

Does the same happen if you use OVERKILL on fewer objects? Like maybe 100? or 10?

---> i can use overkill around 1000 object, at most 2000 objects.otherwise autocad crash.

Are you running WinXP or similar 32bit OS?

---> window 7 enterprise, CPU I7-2600 3.40GHZ 64bit system 16GB RAM

Are you running out of HD space? C: drive space?
Is the file actually located on the drive that has room?

--> 79G free in C: drive, file in C: drive

Are you sure your file doesn't have other issues? RECOVER or AUDIT commands to fix them, then PURGE to delete content

---> Audit and purge is being used for Several times once in a while. sometime can help a liitle bit.

recover i didn't use before,but i try it didn't erased any object.

err3.jpg

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

The earlier screenshot you posted, the one showing the almost 2Gig UNDO file, is that by chance from your Windows User default temp folder?
Are you logged into Windows as a full administrator user account?
Message 5 of 7
XueShanDeng

The earlier screenshot you posted, the one showing the almost 2Gig UNDO file, is that by chance from your Windows User default temp folder?

---->the undo file location is set up by autocad setting, it is loacated in as the picture below.

I think it is different from windows temp folder c:\Temp or C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp?
err4.jpg

Are you logged into Windows as a full administrator user account?

--->I am not full administrator user account.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

That may be your problem: 2Gig is a stock/standard limit for non-admin user accounts in Windows.
Talk with your IT department about changing it for your use: nothing you can do about it in AutoCAD.
Message 7 of 7
XueShanDeng

Do you mean that is the window user profile size limit?

If that is the one I can delete other files to make room for that undo.ac$ file? But window didn't pop up a alert for limit profile size?

I don't know there is a setting can limit people's single file's size? you know, a single movie avi file can easily reach 2G ,isn't it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost