AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
Message 11 of 12 (545 Views)

Re: Missing Acad 2011 Help File

07-05-2010 10:56 AM in reply to: RFUSE

That is exactly what my AutoCAD install did UNTIL I read about the private profiles and created one based on the <VANILLA> private profile that is invoked by the startup shortcut installed by the install program (a private profile is NOT, by default, invoked by any startup icon you might create).  I can not tell you for sure this can fix your setup, but using private profiles did get my AutoCAD Help system working (along with using the recommended compliled Help files download).

Good Luck.

Message 12 of 12 (268 Views)

Re: Missing Acad 2011 Help File

10-26-2011 02:39 PM in reply to: mies07

First thing you need to understand is that a profile is a section of your Registry.  In AutoCAD, if you export a profile, it reads from the registry and creates a "arg" file containing everything for that profile that was in the registry.  In AutoCAD 2011, in order for your local help to perform correctly, there must be an entry in that profiles section of the registry specifically telling it to NOT use web based help.  This entry will be there for any NEW profile created.  If it is an old profile that you imported, for some reason it does not add this entry.

I could go through a very long explaination of what is happening here but, I will just make this simple.

1) Go into your options dialog.

2) Go to the Profiles tab.

3) Export the profile that is NOT letting your help work properly.

4) Open the ".arg" file that you just created.

5) Find the section simliar to this one:  You are looking for the word "variables"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9005:409\Profiles\<<VANILLA>>\Variables]

6) Directly below that line add the following Key name and value.

"WBHELPTYPE"="0"

7) Close the file and save it.

8) Go back into the options dialog box in AutoCAD.

9) Go back to the Profiles tab.

10) Import the .ARG file you jus saved.

VIOLA.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube