AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

StanleyVidmarCAD
Message 1 of 6 (219 Views)

Dimension Alignment

219 Views, 5 Replies
08-24-2011 06:02 AM

I decided to dimension a 3D block in Model space. I was able to dimension my height and length of the object.

But once i dimension the depth of the object, the dimension lays flat instead of popping out at you like the other dimensions. Is there a way to rotate the text other than the DIMEDIT or am i not dimension the block correct.

I would like it to be on the bottom left of the object and dimensioned going left and not down. (per my drawing)

If i dimension the object it lays the text flat.

NEED HELP.

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 6 (194 Views)

Re: Dimension Alignment

08-24-2011 10:20 AM in reply to: StanleyVidmarCAD

In this case probably your best bet is to set the text alignment to Horizontal in your dimstyle.  You could trying using the tedit options while in Dim, but I don't think you will like the outcome.

StanleyVidmarCAD
Message 3 of 6 (188 Views)

08-24-2011 10:31 AM in reply to: azrdgldr

Alright i'll try this and see but i have horiz. on already and thats not doing anything.

Don't know what the last two sentences related to but i'll see if this works.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 4 of 6 (174 Views)

08-24-2011 11:23 AM in reply to: StanleyVidmarCAD

The text is always on the same plane as the dimension.  What's worng with the way you show it?

StanleyVidmarCAD
Message 5 of 6 (166 Views)

08-24-2011 11:30 AM in reply to: ToanDN

Yeah this is the problem i was running into and i really did know this and was just wondering if there was something different.

Of course my Engineering department doesn't like the dimension are that location and want it aligned going left

at the bottom left base. They want the text more a less popping out at you instead of laying flat like it really is always going to be in CAD.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Message 6 of 6 (158 Views)

08-24-2011 12:07 PM in reply to: StanleyVidmarCAD

Stanley can you post the block drawing and a pdf on how you actually want the dimension to show by drawing it line by line.  I agree it looks fine the way it is.  I don't get this popping out at you look you are striving for.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube