AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Message 1 of 3 (299 Views)

Deploy via SMS

299 Views, 2 Replies
08-04-2008 12:08 AM
Hi Folks,

I am in the middle of a project to deploy AutoCAD 2009, Revit Arch, Str and MEP 2009 to about 200 workstations across the country. This the first time I have done anything like this which doesn't help.

I have created a network deployment and run through various tests. I have a deployment which appears to work manually and through SMS quite well. The issue I have is that SMS is reporting the installation as a fail even though the software is installing correctly. This happens for all 4 packages. The SMS exit code (259) fail is a "user aborted installation" failure.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the setup.exe would report a fail (I think that it is not reporting anything actually) back to system/SMS or a way to fix it?

Thanks
Padfoot
*Bill Gilliss
Message 2 of 3 (299 Views)

Re: Deploy via SMS

08-04-2008 08:05 AM in reply to: padfoot
Try the CAD Managers forum -- this is what they do all day long.

padfoot wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am in the middle of a project to deploy AutoCAD 2009, Revit Arch, Str and MEP 2009 to about 200 workstations across the country. This the first time I have done anything like this which doesn't help.
>
> I have created a network deployment and run through various tests. I have a deployment which appears to work manually and through SMS quite well. The issue I have is that SMS is reporting the installation as a fail even though the software is installing correctly. This happens for all 4 packages. The SMS exit code (259) fail is a "user aborted installation" failure.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to why the setup.exe would report a fail (I think that it is not reporting anything actually) back to system/SMS or a way to fix it?
>
> Thanks
> Padfoot
Message 3 of 3 (299 Views)

Re: Deploy via SMS

08-04-2008 03:52 PM in reply to: padfoot
Thanks, will do.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube