AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

tcalrk050682
Message 11 of 13 (97 Views)

Re: Express Tools Prob

03-12-2013 11:27 AM in reply to: pendean

Not sure I follow what you mean by autocad "profile". Do you mean options>profiles tab? If so, it is an unknown profile both ways. I have not created a profile. Doesn't sound like that is what you are meaning though.

I have only installed one version of AutoCAD and that is 2006. Are you implying that I after installing DWG truview that I need to reinstall ACAD? You lost me a little there.

Yes, double click in windows explorer. There are many ways to open a file:

-double click the file in windows

-right click the file and open

-right click the file and open with a specific program

-from within autocad, open and navigate to the file

-and I am sure there are others as well

Double clicking the file, probably the most common way anyone opens files, is where the problem lies.

Any thoughts on why I could double click a file and get there error message, then by going into the application load menu and loading the ACETUTIL.ARX  and the ACETTEST.FAS, my express tools now work? I thought a jerry rigged solution would be to just add these 2 files to my startup suite, but this was not successful.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 12 of 13 (86 Views)

03-13-2013 06:16 AM in reply to: tcalrk050682

Sorry but your system has moved way beyond the norm for me to start guessing at what's wrong: time for a reset at the OS level is my recommendation (not a small undertaking), then install 2006 under Win7's XP Compatibility Mode and all that... .

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
tcalrk050682
Message 13 of 13 (83 Views)

03-13-2013 06:32 AM in reply to: pendean

I appreciate your help. I am sure there is an easier solution though I don't doubt your suggestion will work.That solution can sovle anything just about. This computer is only about 2 weeks old, I would be more convinced of that avenue if this were an older computer. Also, we have an identical computer with an identical setup and autocad 2006 is not having the problem I am having. So it is something on this computer and the way things are setup that is causing the error. This might just be something I need to deal with sadly cause I can't imagine there are a bunch of people running 2006 these days and especially with windows 7. Thanks again for your help.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube