AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running AutoCAD 2002 in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit solution to a simple problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
r.vd.meulen
20931 Views, 1 Reply

Running AutoCAD 2002 in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit solution to a simple problem

I do not have a problem anymore but thought it might help others to post this.

I upgraded several PC's from WinXP Pro to Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Some users still wanted access to AutoCAD 2002.

On those machines I installed Virtual XP Mode to run it:

Virtual XP Mode

After running AutoCAD (a European version with cdilla protection, the reason it didn't run on win 7 in compattibillity mode) everything worked exept some graphic problems.

When highlighting a selection the lines became black instead of dotted. The Highlight variable was set to 1 though.

Grips were displayed black too.

After some googling I tried this: Go to graphics adapter properties (right click on empty desktop, choose properties -> settings -> Advanced)

clicked on the last tab labeled "troubleshoot" and turned off hardware accelleration.

After this highlighting worked as normal and grips showed up in the colors they were set at.

Just for your information,

Ronald

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
r.vd.meulen
in reply to: r.vd.meulen

A follow up on the above case.

I changed from Microsoft's Virtual XP to Sun's Virtual Box (3.1.2) running the VMLite Workstation plugin for that version with the Virtual XP software. Much improved graphic performance, no longer needed to turn off hardware acceleration and a more immediate feel to AutoCAD. As a test I even ran an Autodesk Inventor R10 on the virtual machine without problems.

One of my virtual machines keeps losing it's Cdilla license though. Can't find the difference with my other 3 virtual machines that have no problem with that other than a different set of additional programs installed for some old hardware that needs to communicate using XP. If I find a solution I will update this thread.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums