AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Inconsistent Face-Body Relationships

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
maddkow247
8574 Views, 4 Replies

ERROR: Inconsistent Face-Body Relationships

When i try to union two simppe shapes i get this error: "Inconsistent Face-Body Relationships" The solids both share a face, and i am not sure if this is related. I have read about this same error on other posts, but no one seems to know whats going on. Fortunately this was the very beginning ot the project, so it is no so bad.

I HAVE ATTACHED MY DRAWING SO YOU CAN REVIEW IT. It is only 149K.

The problem occurs when i Union the upper spindle shaped portion with the bars on either side of it. If you can fix it please help me out!

As a side note i get another error when i try to extrude the p-line bars on either side of the LOWER spindle(but thats a subject for another post)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: maddkow247

Don't know if this is the cause, but if you zoom in real tight to where one of the bars should intersect the spindle (outer edge) I see a small difference in the alignment. It is very miniscule, but this could be giving acad headaches. I received the same error message when I tried to union them by the way. Jeff
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

It is what is causing the problem. I added a 4 degree taper to the bar where it joins the spindle at the outer edge and it unioned just fine. Jeff
Message 4 of 5
maddkow247

TY very much! I guess ill keep my job after all!
Message 5 of 5
Chase113

Im having a similar problem, I've been asked to edit a model I didnt create and I also cannot get it to union.
 The green and red covers need to be one piece not 3. The 2 sides union together but not the back. I'm new to AutoCAD 3D, I'm primarily an NX user hopefully someone has some suggestions. I've attached the file.
Thanks Sadie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report