Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoodesk Self-Extract Stuck!

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
samir.enes
14033 Views, 33 Replies

Autoodesk Self-Extract Stuck!

Hey guys, yesterday i downloaded Alias Automotive 2014 with BROWSER DOWNLOAD, now trying to extract it. But Autodesk Self-Extract stucks at 44th second with 1.20GB  . waited like half an hour. but did not work. Changed the extraction destination to another disk , SAME... Tried to run it as Administrator, but SAME problem...

Please can you help me out?

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
neek2489
in reply to: samir.enes

Me also have same problem ! Please help it take lot of time to download again.

Message 3 of 34
Torokze
in reply to: neek2489

Hi,

I have a similar problem with the ObjectARX 2014 API. It is fully extracted but the self extractor stucked at the very end of the process.

Z.

Message 4 of 34
cojelmer

Same problem with inventor 2014 stuck at 3.78 of the 8.82 GB

Message 5 of 34
ravenzep
in reply to: cojelmer

I have to say that i had absolutely exactly the same problem with 3DS MAX Design.

Looks like there is something actually wrong with these install packages.

Good luck guys.

Message 6 of 34
FXVIPilot

So I am joining the crowd here. My installation of Fabrication CADmep 2014 is not even starting. So I am taking this internal to QA, but before I do, I need to ask if everyone here is encountering this with Win8? I am just refreshing my computer with Win8, and this is the first time I've run into this problem.

Message 7 of 34

You can add me to the list as well. I am on windows 8.1 64bit, trying to install 3DS Max.

Message 8 of 34

Any answer on this? Mine´s Inventor and it is stuck at 8.09 GB, plus education website wouldn't download part 2.
Message 9 of 34
t_lang

I too was stuck at 8.09GB for Inventor. I was able to download both parts though. I am currently unextracting and am going to retry the process. Any suggestions?

Message 10 of 34
jdn2001cn_1
in reply to: rmerlob

stuck on the exact spot for my inventor as well...

as to the 2nd part, you have to allow your browser to allow pop-out windows, the 2nd part is being downloaded through another smaller window....

Message 11 of 34
aliaszz

i have the same problem with 3dsmax 2015.

it hangs/freezes upon extraction.

Message 12 of 34
ravenzep
in reply to: aliaszz

Hi.

Yes it does. Happened the same to me with max some time ago.

Apparently this problem pertains to many Autodesk applications, and not one in particular.

Something is clearly wrong.

Message 13 of 34
jrobb1221
in reply to: FXVIPilot

Same problem here.  Win 8.1, self extractor won't even start.

Please help!

Message 14 of 34
ttcrose
in reply to: jrobb1221

Yeah, same here. This is clearly an issue. Look at how many threads are open relating to this self-extractor. No definitive answers from Autodesk either.

Message 15 of 34
TheHangman

Hey Folks

It happen to me already while ago, if I remember well what I did was to put the software downloaded into C:\Autodesk and extracted from there as Admin and it worked for me. have a go. By the way it was inventor 2012,

A suggestion Install the Autodesk Download Manager and Launch the software installation direct instead Download and install.

Another suggestion if its WIN 8 you may try change the file compatibility mode to win7 or Vista.

Good Luck

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 34
Rawner135

F***ing angry over this!!! Smiley Mad

Downloaded 3.0 GB straight (with no interruptions) from autodesk via browser download and came up with this bulls***! (photo attached below)

(Student Version, btw):

I have waited for it to go past that dreaded number for 2 hours (even left it overnight!), I even tried the methods of some members here have posted (and I thank them so much for their help) but it stills stays on 3.16 GB! However, I refuse to try the other download methods because:

1. Other members have reported that it was still the same.

2. Download size is much bigger than Browser Download. (Not downloading it again because my internet is capped)

Does anyone have any solution to this? If not, then I'm going back to blender, thank you very much!

Message 17 of 34
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Rawner135

Hi @Rawner135

Sorry that you're having trouble with the installation. Please disable your firewall and anti-virus programs, and re-download the software from our Virtual Agent (click on Download Links, choose product and version). Then try the installation again.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 18 of 34
Arch.MaDo
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I have the same problem 2 with revit 2016
I tried everything
still stuck

Message 19 of 34
SiddMNM

I dont know how it worked but
I tried running it as administrator and let it be installed where the default path is.
may be it will work for you

Message 20 of 34
vcr1955
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I've been having the same issues...for days. Re-downloaded from virtual agent, using Win 7 pro, 64-bit and it stalls very time. The download manager does not appear to work either. I have turned off firewall, antivirus, extract to standalone machine, on default path to c. Very frustrating not to mention time consuming! is there any fix to this/ Obviously it is an issue many of us have.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report