Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 3D Studio Max license to render with a Renderpro?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
danieleAZMA4
507 Views, 4 Replies

New 3D Studio Max license to render with a Renderpro?

Hi,

I would like to use a machine as a Renderpro2 from Boxx to render my projects on the one hand and then continue to work on my workstation. It's possible with 3D Studio Max 2018 or I have to buy a new license to do It?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CAMedeck
in reply to: danieleAZMA4

3ds Max has not required a license to be used as a Render Node in the past.  I have not heard of that changing for Max 2018, so you should be fine with the single license.  

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
danieleAZMA4
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thanks for your reply Camedeck.

i'm not more in practice with render node and network rendering, so this will be my first time on that. My question is what means:

Does including Arnold with 3ds Max put Autodesk render partners at disadvantage?
3ds Max customers will be able to use Arnold out-of-the-box. However, it can only be used for foreground (in-product) processing. Customers will need to purchase additional Arnold licenses if they wish to scale their rendering capability using either background processing, a render farm, or the cloud. This puts Arnold on a similar footing to other third party renderers and allows customers to freely choose which renderer they wish to license when planning their workflows.

Extract from Autodesk website here.

To render with another machine connected by backburner do I need another license or no? Actually I'm waiting to upgrade my 3DS 2017 version because I need to render out of my workstation and with this new version I have not certainty about it.

Message 4 of 5
CAMedeck
in reply to: danieleAZMA4

Ah, I see your question now.  You should not need to purchase an additional license of 3ds Max just to network render, but if you plan to render using Arnold, then it appears you will need an additional license just for the Arnold renderer.  It isn't very clear from what I've found, but you may need to purchase it through SolidAngle.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Hello @danieleAZMA4 and welcome to the community,

"To render with another machine connected by backburner do I need another license or no? Actually I'm waiting to upgrade my 3DS 2017 version because I need to render out of my workstation and with this new version I have not certainty about it."

To render via backburner you won't need another Max license, but you will need a copy of Max on that machine.  It won't be activated because it's just for rendering.  You will however need another license for Arnold to render on another machine.  You can purchase them on the Solid Angle website.  

Does that answer your question?  Do you have anything else I can help you with?

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report