Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Difference between View port and rendered image

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
adolfhirt
1529 Views, 3 Replies

Difference between View port and rendered image

Hi,

I am new to 3ds Max 2017 and have built my model in Revit 2017 and try to render it using Vray 3.5.
Now the issue is that I have applied material to my object which is 

Its appear OK in View port but when I am rendering it. It is appear in a shade of gray. I have checked my sun setting as well And it seems ok as well. Any body can recommend me the correct solution.

PS:

I am not applying any color correction in Vray frame buffer.

1. view2new contains rendered image

2. dark color.. it contains the texture I have applied.

3. viewport-cam3 contains sun height and other details as well.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adolfhirt
in reply to: adolfhirt

Furthermore, I have done some further high resolution rendering for selected areas.

With the my above model (i.e. a Revit model in 3ds Max) I am noticing that the same material applied at different level looks a lot different. I have also checked the mesh and make it similar.

For instance, in this image, all the marked areas have same Vray material but its seems that the material after rendered has changed drastically.

The areas B,C are the thin strip around the Glass doors while A is the paint on wall.

Can anyone please guide what could be wrong if anyone has already faced this issue and the possible solution.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4

Hello @adolfhirt and welcome to the community,

It's always best to direct Vray questions to the Chaosgroup forums as Autodesk doesn't make Vray.  That being said, in your first post the rendered image looks a bit overexposed.  In order to see exposure info in the viewport, you'll want to set the viewport to high quality, make sure to be using a physical camera with exposure control on, and you may have to turn off the EV Compensation for Physical Cameras Setting in the environment menu.  I have attached a simple scene with a teapot showing this.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

high quality.png

Typically, the viewport isn't the best method for judging camera exposure and many renders have IPR or realtime versions that are used for this purpose.  For Vray, check out RT or IPR on the Vray help.  

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 4

Hello @adolfhirt,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report