Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get the rendering back after computer restart

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jerepaalanen
803 Views, 3 Replies

Can I get the rendering back after computer restart

Hi,

My computer restarted during the rendering. Is there a possibility to get the old rendering back? Any back up files or something? Does the Max save the rendering window to preview in next start or is it just black like always?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CAMedeck
in reply to: jerepaalanen

Sorry, but there is no way to recover the image in a frame buffer after the software has closed.  I'm guessing you were rendering a large image overnight?  If so, always set it to save the file when the rendering is complete, rather than saving it manually after the fact.  Been there, done that...

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jerepaalanen
in reply to: CAMedeck

Yep, I was doing exactly that! And in the morning computer wished goodbye when I switched on the monitor :D. I managed to get the rendering done during the same day by reducing some settings... Thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 4
Momadarch
in reply to: jerepaalanen

Hi

Unfortunately, There's no way to recover a rendered image, The recovery is only for the 3d File.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report