Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black color of object after import from autocad

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sneg_letom
9042 Views, 7 Replies

black color of object after import from autocad

Imported dwg to 3d max 2017 from last version autocad. Object has black color in view, must be white, blue and green. Layer color is half black and half white after import. Lights is on. Changed color to white and nothing. Object still black.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rendermaster
in reply to: sneg_letom

change your presets
preset.jpg

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Message 3 of 8
sneg_letom
in reply to: rendermaster

thank you, I can't. I deleted all yet. RIP
Message 4 of 8
CAMedeck

I don't think rendermaster fully understood your question, so his advice will not work for you.

Sometimes, when AutoCAD information is brought into 3ds Max, it has a solid black material applied called GLOBAL.  You have two options to get color to your objects.  First, create and assign new materials with the correct color.  Second, if you want the wireframe color to be rendered you can select your objects and go to the Utilities tab in the Command Panel, hit the More button at top, and find UVW Remove in the list that comes up.  This utility has an option to remove materials.  It will strip the GLOBAL material from your AutoCAD objects and allow the wireframe color to render.

Oh, and to explain one thing.  When the object color shows the black and white box, that means it is using the object's layer color assignment.  So changing the color of the layer will affect the object's color as well.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Olgasegeevich
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thank you so much! I had the same problem, and your answer was really helpful! Heart

Message 6 of 8

Hai sir after importing object in 3ds 2012 object appear as blue colour ..i didnt understod wat is pbm ..
Message 7 of 8

Hello can you please help me? 
I have a room modelled in Cad and I divided it by layer following this criteria: walls, floor, furniture, doors..
Now I have my scene in 3Ds max divided by layer as setted in cad, but for a photorealistic render I have to give different materal for each object. So I tried to merge agai my cad file, this time selecting  "entity, blocks as node hierarchy"; flagging auto-smooth adjacent... and including external references, but it appears black. 

I even tried to create a new file but every time i import my scene from cad, even selecting "layer, block as node hierarchy, split by material" it is black.

If you can help me I would be very thankfull.

PS. i work with a macbook pro 15" with bootcamp and windows 10, june 2017, 16GB & radeon pro 560 (4GB)
and i have a dell inspiron too i7, 8GB ram, radeon

Since i'm a student i have access to all the educatiuonal license so all my software are original (not a crack problem)

Message 8 of 8
rasel.biti

remove black material easily with the help of the following video

https://youtu.be/am54x7t6-Es

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report