Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amb. Occulusion creates pixelated render, how to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kATAYOONHORRAJIXQ679
321 Views, 3 Replies

Amb. Occulusion creates pixelated render, how to fix it?

Hi everyone, how do I get rid of the pixels without turning amb occlusion off? 

Thanks in advance for your help. (I'm a beginner)

in the attached screenshot the top render is with occlusion and the bottom one is without, I like how it makes the corner of the walls darker and, therefore more visible. That's why I don't want to turn it off.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It's not pixelated, it's just noise from the render settings not being low enough.

Try setting the 'Noise threshold' to '.001' or something low. It will take longer to render but do a region render and slowly raise it. The idea is to get a clean render with no noise and just as the noise comes back, use those settings. 

Also, in the 'GI' settings, try 'Brute Force' for both the Primary and Seconday engines. 

Last, here's a link that might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E27g4Mt1x28

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4

thanks a lot.

Message 4 of 4

😊

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report