Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS 2017 tif files not saving alpha channel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mmurzyn
841 Views, 3 Replies

3DS 2017 tif files not saving alpha channel

Has anyone had issues saving renderings as TIF files with the "Store Alpha Channel" checked but not getting a alpha channel?

I thought this worked in 3DS 2016 but it's not working for me in 2017.

Works fine if I save as a .png file but I don't get the high quality file.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
eric.paris
in reply to: mmurzyn

Hi, i just test the TIFF export, with many configurations and i have an alpha layer.

Make sure your 3ds Max 2017 is updated to SP3: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads/caas/downloads/content/3ds-max-2017-service...

You could also need to reset your 3ds to default: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resett...

If you still have this problem, can you attach a max file with a tiff file rendered with this max file please?

Message 3 of 4
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @mmurzyn,

I'd like to help with this TIF alpha problem.  I had the same experience as @eric.paris here.  Is it possible that "Store Alpha Channel" isn't checked for the image as it's being saved out?  Which renderer and buffer are you using for rendering frames, please?  Are these tif's without alpha coming from render elements or just your main render?  Thanks for the additional information!

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @mmurzyn,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report