Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent - file open failed .max

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2768 Views, 4 Replies

urgent - file open failed .max

good morning, 

i've been working on a file recently and the laptop shutdown suddenly! after retsarting, i tried to open it again but the file appeared to have a problem and i could not open it! 

the message that appers is; file open failed! 

i tried a few sulotions such as: 

trying to merge the file to a new file, failed. 

trying to open it from the autoback folder, failed. 

trying to open the the .bak file in the autoback folder, also failed! 

i don't know what to do and i have to submit my work on MONDAY! 😞 

i'd really appreciate your help. i attached a screen shop of the problem. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I noticed in your screenshot that your file is named "ounnnge_recover". Is this file a recovery file (autosave when Max realized it was crashing)? If your power went out right when it was saving this, it could have become corrupted. If this is a recovery file, can you find the actual file (not the recovery file) that you were working on before the theoretical crash?

Also, if you have autoback on, maybe you have a version of your scene that is not too far back. On Windows, the autoback folder location is usually found here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\3dsMax\autoback\

where <username> is your Windows username.

If your file shown in the screenshot is indeed the scene you were working on (not the recovery) and you have no autobacks, maybe you can try uploading your file as an attachmnent so that we can possibly help. Be sure to include which version of Max you are using, your OS, and any other details that can help in debugging/ opening your file.

Hope this helps!

J-Small

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I've the same problem and I cant open it
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have also got the same problem today with my autodesk 3ds max 2011 32 bit version the message is displayed as failed to open its very urgent i have to submit the project tomorrow please 1573121325838-1565798850.jpg

help me

Message 5 of 5
denisT.MaxDoctor

Post the broken Max file .. I can try to open and save if I'm lucky.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report