Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recover a curve data from a float script controller

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jglopez1
284 Views, 2 Replies

recover a curve data from a float script controller

i made several bezier floats with curve data on them under the float section under global tracks in the curve editor.  i had to merge all my stuff onto a new file because i was getting an error loading paramblock2.  i dont know what was causing the error, it works on my other computer.  i have the curve(bezier float) loaded as a variable in a float script controller on a helper.  which is also wired to a spinner that rotates the helper based on the curve data.  i needed to double check the curve data but the curves aren't there for me to edit anymore.  the controls still work though.  so i wanted to know if there is a way to recover the curves i made from the float script controllers themselves so i can edit them.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: jglopez1

if as you say the script controller still works for you, and it works right, that means the source float controller still exists and is valid. so you can bring it back for sure. 

you used settarget or setobject to add it to the script. just use gettarget or getobject to get it back

Message 3 of 3
jglopez1
in reply to: denisT.MaxDoctor

thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report