Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility Windows 10

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stefanolattuada
383 Views, 5 Replies

Incompatibility Windows 10

Hello to all,
I have a problem with the release of 3ds Max Design 2011 because after the last update of Win10 (yet another) now keeps popping a notification of incompatibility of software with the new operating system.
it is the 1607 version (build OS 14393.222)
actually 3D Max works, at least I have not encountered problems, so I would disable that notification.
I wanted to know if reinstalling the software solve the problem or is it a waste of time.
someone has befallen the same thing? how did you solve?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
suecke
in reply to: stefanolattuada

in my opinion I would not waste your time. Since your so keen on getting the latest win 10 updates I think your just going to have more problems down the road.

If i have to use older versions of max I resist getting latest versions of windows.

Message 3 of 6
istan
in reply to: suecke

Why you touch a running system? If you updated Windows, you for sure had to update hardware drivers. Now you probably have to upgrade to Max2017 as well. And in the next step you have to upgrade your PC 😉

Message 4 of 6
stefanolattuada
in reply to: istan

the update does not have wanted me, I can not prevent the update system. I can not afford to buy a new license. I have this and should last me

Message 5 of 6
stefanolattuada
in reply to: suecke

I can try to go back to the previous build of the operating system, hoping not happen any more trouble

Message 6 of 6
istan
in reply to: stefanolattuada

since many years there exist many many internet pages and explaining how to turn off windows auto updates. Also in pc magazines almost every issue explains it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report