Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swift loop

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Nazzaman
28843 Views, 14 Replies

swift loop

Hi, 

Very excited with 2018 version of 3dsmax. Just wondering what happen to 'swift loop' command? 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
don_3259
in reply to: Nazzaman

hi what happen is it not working ?

Autodesk Student Amassdor
Guest & Visiting Lecturer
Ali Sajjad
Message 3 of 15
Nazzaman
in reply to: don_3259

I finally found it in custom user interface/ command. I noticed the command/icon no longer in modelling ribbon.

Thanks

Message 4 of 15

Hello @Nazzaman,

If the Max window isn't maximized or you are using a small screen like a laptop, it may condense the ribbon menu a bit.  The tool is still there it just needs to be clicked on and then it appears in a submenu.  I've got an image below to show this, please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

condensed.png

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 15

It can be found if I change workspace into default workspace and turn on the ribbon feature. Thanks 

Message 6 of 15

Ah yes, it is a ribbon feature.  That's a good point, thank you for your post. 

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 15

Hey, I've got problem with this tool on 3ds 2018. When I want to use this in ctrl+alt mode so that it creates parallel loops, it does nothing. How can it be fixed? On 2017 I didn't have this problem.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: gustaw9cki

It works. How works with ctl+alt is that it copies the shape of the side you are dragging towards. If none of them is flat, the swift loop won't be either. But whatever shape it will be consistent as long you move in the same direction, allowing parallel loops, even if both sides are different.

Message 9 of 15
gustaw9cki
in reply to: Anonymous

The thing is that when I try to move towards one of the sides, I cannot do it. The loop I've created is in the same place all the time and I can't add another or move. When I press CTRl+Alt nothing happens. The tool acts like frozen.

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

The loop needs to be selected (red) . In fact it is irrelevant if the loop has been created with Swift loop. You will be able to move it as long is red and you are in swift mode with ctrt+alt

If you lose the selection of the loop simply re select using ctrl in Swift loop mode.

Message 11 of 15
gustaw9cki
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah, I know. It glows on red and still nothing. I know that it has to be selected previously and this is the thing. I can't move although I selected it.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

In that case I can't replicate working with a edit poly modifier or editable poly. . It must be a problem for you mesh or you max configuration.

Message 13 of 15
jme
Observer

I have exactly the same issue with swift loops....

Message 14 of 15

its not even in the ribbon, i could not even find the "edit" in the ribbon

Message 15 of 15

It is there in max 2021, 2023. Maybe your object is incompatible - try converting it to Editable Poly.

2023-05-16 07_57_34-Window.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report