Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers not showing all objects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Margaret_Rastall
5257 Views, 3 Replies

Layers not showing all objects

Please can someone say why my objects are not showing in the respective layer.

As you can see they are selected based on the scene explorer (left), but they are not showing when the layer is expanded.

I physically had to select them all and then drag them across from the "Scene Explorer" to "Layer Explorer" to be able to put them in the correct layer as they were not showing I3ds layer error.JPGn the default layer so wouldn't couldn't "Add to Active Layer".

Any ideas of why not?  Is it a bug?  Or user error?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Margaret_Rastall

Hi Margaret,

You have objects that are not assigned to any layer. Take a look at the solution here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/getting-started/caas/screencast/Main/Details/b7c609aa...

Happened to me 1 time and this script solve the problem.

Message 3 of 4
Margaret_Rastall
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply I will run the script. 

So why don't the objects just appear in the default layer like they used too?  Seems odd for this now not to happen.

Sonow do I need to run the script every time I create a new object so I can apply it to the correctly layer?

Message 4 of 4
RicParis
in reply to: Margaret_Rastall

No, this is just a temporary problem. It happened to me 2 or 3 times in the past. It's good to know what to do but there is no stress, you may never have this problem again.

Of course, if this problem repeat itself again and again, you will have to check your 3ds Max installation or the scene itself, you may have corrupt objects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report