Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architectural 3D Model Help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lsajfild
261 Views, 2 Replies

Architectural 3D Model Help

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to 3DSMax and would like some help with creating my model. 

I'm trying to recreate Will Alsop's "Cloud Building". I just want the overall shape so I can print a 3D model.

Any tips/starting points would be appreciated. 

Cloud 2.PNGCloud.PNG

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobH2
in reply to: lsajfild

Welcome to Max. With time and experience you'll be able to model just about anything you can imagine. The problem is, you have to learn about a lot of techniques to be able to do that. There is no way to tell a new user how to model that shape as there are just too many steps. It's kind of like buying an electronics oscilliscope, knowing nothing about one and asking, "how do I use this to find a bad diode?" 

Unfortunately, you are going to have to gain some experience and learn a lot of modeling strategy as well as learning how to drive a bunch of Max's tools just like the rest of us have. It can take months or years to learn enough to be able to model complex organic shapes. I'd suggest a few courses from something like Udemy or similar. 

I realize you are looking for an answer to just help you easily make that building, but there isn't a way to guide a new user because of all of the skills that are needed. You might be able to purchase the architectural model online at Turbosquid or similar and then print that. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
siskinsergey623
in reply to: lsajfild

To create this type of model, use the Loft Modifier. Standard Primitives - Compoud Objects - Loft. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4rkZfcYgLg Here's you can learn how to use it. It's a Russian channel, but you can turn on Google subtitles. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report