Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alt-x not working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
12531 Views, 4 Replies

alt-x not working

Hello. I cannot see through objects using the alt-x command in 2018 version of 3ds max. what can i do? I use windows 10

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Fadhil_Farook
in reply to: Anonymous

Select the Object > Right Click > Object Properties > Display Properties _ See Through.

Usually, this option should be triggered when you use the Shortcut ALT + X, but for reasons I am not aware of, this has to be done manually once per object or collectively before you can use the Keyboard shortcut.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Fadhil_Farook

Thanks buddy. By default 3ds max has this options as shown in the pic below. In order to be able to see through items i have to press on the icon By Layer and uncheck the Show Frozen in Grey option. Is there a way to change the default state of object properties? In 3ds max 2017 alt-x worked perfectly without doing any of this.troubles.jpg

Message 4 of 5
kgokhangurbuz

Hello @Anonymous;

Yes, there's a very simple way. Please do the following:

-Go to Customize > Preferences > General Tab

-At the Bottom Right, you'll find Layer Defaults section

-Uncheck Default to By Layer for New Nodes

-Hit OK and exit.

Now you wont be in Layer mode but Object mode, and you can use your ALT + X combination anytime.

Below is the screenshot:

Capture333.JPG

Kind regards;

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

X-Ray mode (alt+x) no longer functions properly in 3dsm 2020. Does anyone know how to get xray mode so that textures on objects behind your model will show through any xray'd objects?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report