Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max RAM Maxed out !

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rmedhat
236 Views, 1 Reply

3ds max RAM Maxed out !

hi , could anyone please help me , i have just installed 3ds max 2022 on my new asus tuf 15 laptop , when i open even an empty file the RAM maxes out and when i close the file i am working on he takes too much time to save and close , same it goes when i take an object from another file, all the cases the RAM usage is 14-15g from 16gb RAM total 
can anyone help urgently. thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: rmedhat

I suspect you don't have nearly enough RAM to run Max. The OS alone will often take 10GB just to load up and run the machine. That only leaves 6GB for Max. At a minimum, you really need at least 32GB but really you need 64GB of RAM if you want a frustration-free experience with Max. It's just the nature of complex programs like Max, it doesn't run very reliably on the bare minimum system.  I know that machine is marketed as a gaming machine, but just because a machine is great for gaming, even with a hot mobile RTX GPU, that doesn't necessarily make it sufficient for 3ds Max's needs. Very few programs tax a computer more than Max and you have to be prepred to spend a good deal on a computer if you want to run it without issues. 

If you can max out your RAM, I think you can put 32GB in that machine, you'll be able to run Max a bit better and your machine won't cache out to the hard drives when it runs out of RAM. That's why things are so slow. Even SSD hard drives are many magnitudes slower than RAM. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report