Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Modifier Stack - 3rd request now w pictures

Smart Modifier Stack - 3rd request now w pictures

This in my opinion would be a mini-revolution in the way Max is used. I've been told by Changsoo its extremely difficult to do but man it would be cool. It would save so much time for teams and individuals and encourage the sharing of knowledge. It would make complicated modifier assemblies so fast. 

Do it Max Dev team. You'll be my hero. 

Gavin

9 Comments

It's incredible that people say modifier work flow is a thing of the past and everything nodes is the future when it hasn't even reached half of its potential.

leei537
Advocate

This idea is not bad
Depending on the work content, there will be many people who do not need this
But that doesn't mean that this update gets in the way

shawnolson
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Ehsan.Sarahian
Advocate

Grouping modifiers and save groups are good ideas.

+1 vote

Intuos5
Advisor

Just a quick tip: you can use the camera icon to embed images in a post, that makes it more visible. 😉

On topic:

Good idea, nodes are just another workflow. Modifiers and any future enhancements definitely deserve their place.

joeaf9321
Enthusiast

Agreed, this will come handy with exposing some actions as hotkeys, like moving up and down in the modifier stack, you can do this with scripts, but having it by default would be better.

@gavinwhelan3d hinting at the 2nd picture concept: what exactly is the "point count"

gavinwhelan3d
Enthusiast

Orphydian - I probably should have said "Point Order". The indicator would essentially say if the polycount has changed. If it hasn't changed a slider could blend between the effect of the Smart Modifier and the geo it was applied to. 

bump for this! At this pace, its more likely Maya will get some sort of general stack as he already sports some for Motion graphics with Mash , Booleans etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report