Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll in panels even when the cursor is over buttons, icons and fields

Scroll in panels even when the cursor is over buttons, icons and fields

This will be one of the biggest usability improvements to Max since long time if implemented. Please make it possible to scroll in panels even when the mouse cursor is OVER buttons. icons and fields. It will be so much easier to scroll within panels. This is already possible in the Material/Map Browser of Slate Material Editor but sadly it's the only place where that's possible.

At the moment you need to first find safe space where there are no buttons/icons/fields and only after that try to scroll. Sometimes it's so annoying when you want to scroll but you accidentally hit a button/icon/field. It will save so much time on finding safe spaces in the interface for scrolling and won't take away our concentration.

Blender already has this and scrolling in panels is JOY not a PAIN like in Max. Just try it out yourselves and you'll see what I mean. You'll never want to go back to the way you scroll in Max.

scroll over buttons icons fields.png

5 Comments
office
Collaborator

Thanks for the votes. I forgot to mention something in the my initial post. Some people may not know that you can also scroll by clicking and holding the middle mouse button. So scrolling would be done with the middle mouse button should this idea be implemented. I believe most people use the left mouse button to scroll.

michael_spaw
Autodesk

Thanks

-Michael

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @office

Thanks for this idea, but I'm going to archive it for now due to lack of support. We are aware that some modifiers in the command panel have better scrolling areas than other, and we are looking at this from the point of view as to-do in terms of modernizing the UI and not as a new feature.

isnt this already possible ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report