Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove missing plugins from scene

Remove missing plugins from scene

I would like a way of clearing missing plugins from a scene. It would be good if max could select assets in a scene dependent on the missing plugin so that it can be manually fixed (example: show all materials with missing plugins).

13 Comments
mbreidt
Advocate

Not exactly what you want but give this a try while you're waiting

Guillaume.BrXYZ
Participant
davision
Advocate

I just asked about this on the Area and someone pointed out that Max has a Missing Plugin Object Explorer. 

Go to Tools/All Global Explorers.

It's not quite what you're looking for but it's close. 

Martin's tool I'm sure is good too.

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Isaac_Zuniga
Advocate

This sounds like a very good idea.

There have been numerous times where I tried opening up a project file, just to get the error(s) that a plugin is missing, or when I try to save a project file without using any plugins that I have, there is no way for me to ensure that my project file is 100% vanilla 3ds Max without any additional plugins that I have have installed.

HazardousAdsk
Autodesk

We have made some updates to the Scene converter coming your way,  that should help with this.  You can remove standins from the scene with the converter, and it is accessible from maxscript.  It should help clean things up for you.

Isaac_Zuniga
Advocate

@HazardousAdsk

Sounds cool, I can't wait to see what you guys have been working on. (3ds Max 2017 was a disappointment [in terms of stability/usability], 3ds Max 2018 was better, but I know it still has areas that it can be improved.)

gandhics
Advocate

This is in 2018.4

missingplugins.png

HazardousAdsk
Autodesk

you can pretty much chose what you want to delete and want to keep.  Items that have dependencies will get auto selected, there is nothing you can do with that...  if a DLL goes, so does everything else.  Hope you find it useful

Neil

RGhost77
Advisor

Useful feature for me. A lot of MR stuff need to be cleaned. Works well.

electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Thanks for the Idea! This was Implemented in 2018.4.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just implemented this tool in 3dmax 2020 with vray 4.x on a file created in v.2018 with vray 3.x and the file is closed does not allow me to open it, there should be a way that 3dmax when it finds something without solution allows rescue some of that file  😞

Artemcg
Contributor

Script Prune Scene can clear the stage 

Prune.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report