Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad menu Context menus for everthing

Quad menu Context menus for everthing

So something i think could speed workflow would be context menus for anything and everything in the quad menu. I feel a lot of time is wasted having to access options through the modifier panel. 

Not just modifiers, basically anything. when i have an object selected, so another example would be a compound object like proboolean, i want a context menu for it. presently this is limited to mesh, poly, spline, nurbs, patch. 

Maybe not all options , but just the basic most important operations. then if people want all options they just do it in the modifier stack.

5 Comments
musashidan77
Advocate

The quad menus are heavily customisable already. There are five different popups(when holding mod keys) with 4 panes in each. I rarely touch the command panel as everything I need is in my quad menus.

companioncube
Collaborator
@musashidan77 maybe i didn't explain well or you didn't understand. i use the quad menu a lot and it's customised to my liking. I want all the options we don't have access to and i want them to appear in the quad menu in context to the object type that is selected. currently we only have context menus for lights, cameras, edit mesh, edit poly, edit patch, skin, spline, nurbs, biped. But i want it for everything, especially modifier options and compound options so that i can access the options with out having to move to the modifier panel.
musashidan77
Advocate

Sorry, mate. I missed the context-sensitive bit. 🙂 This is a good idea indeed. Just voted for it.

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

For the style side of things only Ive made a different idea for the Quad Menu :

[Quad Menu] An updated modern style (not to be read as different functionality)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report