cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particle Flow Improvement "Multi-Threading" & more

Particle Flow Improvement "Multi-Threading" & more

Particle Flow improvement Requests
- improved Particle Flow UI, specially "box#3"
- Recompile PFlow from 32bit to 64bit "Multi-threading".
- Including Advanced Particles Mesher.
- Including Advanced Particle splines tracer, splines and Polygons connector like Atom & plexus plugins.
- integrate Particle Flow and Bullet FX to simulate multi-physics.
- Including mParticles physics presets.
- Other engine than Physx, like Bullet Physics, FEM and Sand solver
- More accurate and precise Collision of Mp/physx Shape on Box#2.
- More data operators, like noise and turbulence
- Better caching system.
- Dynamic fragmentation.
- Integrated 3d Fractal system like mandelbulb 3d
- Reaction diffusion system with presets
- Vertex color support In Viewport.

Maybe its too much, But this is my wish list
Thanks
86 Comments
Raymarcher
Enthusiast

Better performance, new features, tighter integration within 3ds Max and bug fixes.

julientromeur
Contributor
X-particles ease of use is something to look at !
Ehsan.Sarahian
Advocate

Better particle system base on MCG, something like Lagoa and ICE system on XSI

Guillaume.BrXYZ
Participant
In Particle Flow, it would be great to have the possibility to change the size of the depot again, to be able to change the display mode of the arrows between events (just like houdini), cause three or four test events on top of each others are an arrow mess. It would be great to to fix the 'synchronize layers' function which does not work anymore, and to make the 'arrows' a real object in the scene, because merging a particle flow system is still a pain. Being able to change the side of exit of an arrow when 2 test operators are instanced would be great too... In a way it could be cool to find back lost functionalities of Max 2014 😞 And a real caching system would be perfect...
belusar
Community Visitor

A better particle mesher that's similar to Frost for PFlow would be nice too.  Blobmesh is slow and hard to use and get a result I like, very limited.  Frost is very quick and you have a lot of control over the final look of your fx.  I got too frustrated in the past with blobmesh and just don't ever use it.

tsyba
Contributor

- Increase calculations speed

- Fluid solver

- Test operator with several conditions

- Fracture system

- Spawning from a volume of a parent particle

tsyba
Contributor

- Ability to transfer position and rotation of the particle for any object in the scene or replace particles with dummy objects.

tsyba
Contributor

- We need to be able to insert any PF system parameter in the Attribute Holder.

- Ability to bind to the same Spinner a few parameters of the system in Attribute Holder.

Suppose I created the effect with a single PF Source, but with five Birth events. These events all start at different times. I want to be able to rapidly shift the effect in time. At present time for this we need to modify each Birth operator. It is much easier to use one parameter to do this.

tsyba
Contributor

Pleas add random scale for particles in Birth Grid Event without a penetration each other.

Add a Spawn Operator for mParticles. It must behave like fracturing parent particle into fragments.

tsyba
Contributor

Particle Skinner bug:

After you add events into "Particle Flow Events" field and press "Activate Skinning" button, 3ds Max crashes. This error has existed for several versions of 3ds Max.

tsyba
Contributor

- When you drag an event with Shift, the Test operators must to stay connected.

- Add the ability to organize wires between events. It becomes difficult to work with large number of connections.

- Add the ability to create groups of the events.

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

andresfeho
Enthusiast

Please add multicore support to pflow. As far as I know, it only uses one core, but the potential of this tool is amazing, it only needs an update at this and some other aspects. 

Thanks!

msunderwood
Participant

Please consider adding the global search tool or something like what the material editor has to the plflow window so that new operators can be added quicker.

ar2sun3d
Enthusiast

Pf is like old man that no one won't to pay attention to him 🙂 

kibrituss
Enthusiast

I use Realflow for Particles 🙂 it gives me alot fast results but when I work with objects in Realflow, it is too slow also.

Hüseyin Durak, MFA

3D Animator, Art Director

3D Animation Studios

3D Animasyon Şirketi

GPU Based Render Farm

VR Simulasyon Şirketi

3D Animasyon Yapan Firmalar

wal3dz
Contributor
This is particle flow not realflow its different
JohnnyRandom
Advocate

I am all for what you ask. BUT the most critical aspect, mutli-threading, you are asking for, is basically PFlow 2.0. It would be best served from the ground up.

The model is already there for multiple physics engines. It is why the mPWorld is a helper and not a dedicated PFlow operator.

A refreshed Particle mesher is a must, blobmesh was great 20 years ago.

Gees spline support, man seriously.

You've got my vote Robot Happy

wal3dz
Contributor
Thank you John, Totally agree with you

They have to make something about Pflow. Please make it glow don't switch
it off, unless you have newborn powerful particle system..

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report