Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

muscle jigling, skin sliding, wrinkling and volume preserving tools

muscle jigling, skin sliding, wrinkling and volume preserving tools

the tool like older plugin skinfx but with better colision tools

20 Comments
SuperRune
Enthusiast

Having a muscle system in 3ds Max would be fantastic. SkinFX was such a great, underused tool. Now that the developer works for Autodesk, it would be great if SkinFX could find it's way into 3ds Max. The only thing missing in SkinFX is a simple way of jiggling muscles, other than that it felt pretty feature complete.

These muscles were made with SkinFX:

aon.914858227
Mentor

It would probably a good idea to have these effects as operators in the DataChannel modifier.

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Isaac_Zuniga
Advocate

This would be an interesting idea, and it would save animators a lot of time of having to create a complex rig just to achieve such a visual effect.

I'm not sure how this will be implemented, but let's just hope that it'll be easier than it currently is.

aslantamjidi
Advocate
one of the must have items for poor old 3ds max program.

i hope this gets implemented this year.

we need a very hard hitting improvement like this in the animation department of this software.

it would be an instant call back for users who have gone to other softwares to seek better animation tools...

RGhost77
Advisor

I hoping too but this this Autodesk... after waiting couple of years idea can be archived.

grillo_domenico1
Enthusiast

Still nothing guys

grillo_domenico1
Enthusiast

Please Autodesk, what is the status of this? Can you please give us an update if this even has a chance? Its probably the nr1 tool asset artist would like to have!

RGhost77
Advisor

I think Adsk do all thing to push artists from Max to Maya. That  maybe why not so bad plugin like  SkinFX was bought by Adsk and then and then became unavailable for purchase.

Ehsan.Sarahian
Advocate

We are still waiting for some tool like this ...

RomanMrazek
Observer

Something like Ziva Dynamics. Return the Max to the game.

Still nothing on this. And it has been relegated from being the most requested feature. 

Community Visitor

So many years have passed ... Is there any hope of getting what is expected in the near future?

RGhost77
Advisor
@brentscannellThis idea still under review or abandoned?
grillo_domenico1
Enthusiast

Its autodesk so of course this idea is already dead

Ehsan.Sarahian
Advocate

So under review... !

This will happen?!

3-4yrs later, and this is still under review.

its not even in the road map.

RGhost77
Advisor

It seems tools for character animation completely abandoned. No any improvements of tools in this area. Autodesk forced users to move to Maya.

mihail_lupu
Explorer
This topic it is under review since I was a kid. 🙂 I think you are right RGhost.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report