Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate the new version of Iray

Integrate the new version of Iray

Iray + is not compatible with previous scenes created with the Iray Standard version. Iray users are forced to convert all our scenes ( materials, cameras and lighting sets).

Iray + does not respect the working process of 3ds MAX. It would be ideal to keep a standard version of Iray that incorporates the latest improvements: Instancing, Active Shade and Support for Pascal GPU's.

8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

And MDL support...

PAOLOLEONI1893
Observer
I need Work in iray for my work ( foto realistic images) iray in 2016 work correctly but in 2017 the render do not load material correctly . For example: the material in the Floor is rendered in the wall... And all other material. Like a crazy!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I reported that bug soon after release of 2017. It shuffles the materials on render on random occasions. That's another reason why we remained on max 2015 for the last few projects. At this time I do not recommend to use integrated iray as a production renderer.

PAOLOLEONI1893
Observer
I ray+ have 2 bugs:
1. Sun And Sky unable to reduce saturation.
2. Object id dont have filtering.
For this bugs that software is unable for my work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data passes are not supposed to be filtered though, like vector, ZDepth or Obj/Mat ID, since the filtering would introduce wrong information. You may want to use a coverage pass or render at double resolution to filter those.

But I guess this is not really the place to discuss bugs of iray.

PAOLOLEONI1893
Observer
Ok. when Autodesk solve this bug in 2017 version?
info
Explorer

...and especially don't elimate Iray from versions 2018 and subsequent!

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

@fractal33,

All Mentalray and Iray development is now handled by NVIDIA.

NVIDIA Advanced Rendering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report