AREA Community - The Largest CG Forum on the Web
3ds Max Ideas
Welcome to the new Autodesk 3ds Max Ideas Community! For information on this space, please see the following article: http://autode.sk/3dsMaxFeedbackPost
New Idea

Somtimes a service pack gets messed up, and it completely messes up max; and they don't always show up under add/remove programs.  The ability to uninstall an SP means a user won't lose an hour to a reinstall... hopefully...

Kris.

Archived as not needed, already available.

Kelly Michels

Sr 3ds Max QA

3ds Max Beta manager

0 Kudos

FIX slate editor bug

by Participant julian.juju on ‎01-06-2017 06:30 AM

there's a bug that occurs totally randomly when you pick a shader or re-organize them

(see attached file below)

Julian,

Thank you for posting this but this is a defect and not a feature enhancement.

Please log this defect here:

http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/report_a_bug.html?SelProduct=3dsMax

Thank you and feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or anything.

Kelly Michels

Sr 3ds Max QA

3ds Max Beta manager

kelly.michels@autodesk.com

Autodesk, Inc

0 Kudos

Maya Forum Portfolio

by Advisor on ‎02-05-2017 02:39 PM

Why  can't the Maya Forum have the portfolio link under the Avatar like CG talk has?

That's an Idea.

Also the page before this one didn't show "Maya" under the tab categorie....just showed 3DS

Not related to 3ds Max Ideas.

Maya's feedback is on uservoice:

http://mayafeedback.autodesk.com/forums/160514-ideas-for-maya-forum

Viewport Glitch Is Rediculous

by Explorer omnidigital on ‎01-28-2017 06:20 AM

Im sorry but the view port glitch is making this software un-usable...... Im trying to work on Max an my viewport is constantly moving itself to somewhere random in the scene. This is a regular occurrence and I can t believe its gone on this long without getting fixed. Is this just some sly tactic to move everyone to Maya or do you just generally not care about your consumers???? 

@omnidigital

Thank you for posting this but it is a defect and not an Idea for a feature request.  

I have not seen this issue but would be happy to work with you to see if we can run it down.

Please log this on the 3ds Max Bug Report page.  Please include more information and steps to reproduce the issue. 

Kelly Michels

Sr 3ds Max QA

3ds Max Beta manager

Autodesk, Inc

ok its a age old problem, max resets all saved settings when you open and close two max version at once or just randomly it happens, would love there be some fix as it happens in max max versions

@mitfordshawn

Thank you for posting this but it is a defect and not an Idea for a feature request.  

Please log this on the 3ds Max Bug Report page.  Please include more information and steps to reproduce the issue. 

You can also contact me directly if you would like to discuss this issue.

Kelly Michels

Sr 3ds Max QA

3ds Max Beta manager

Autodesk, Inc

0 Kudos

Include Apps and keep the core

by Participant cdmask130679 on ‎03-01-2017 10:32 PM

Hi Team,

I love 3ds max. i am using max for a very long time and i prefer the following ideas

Keep the core max as it as and add other options like we add a app in the mobile.

We love the core functionality of 3ds max and don't spoil it in the name of adding things which not required by common users.

Specific tasks can be installed like running the script of adding a app in windows 10 like vs.

clear all the previous bugs and give a neat and clean 3ds max

Thank you

Regards

Arul Selvam

Duplicate.

0 Kudos

watch the houdini 16 launch announcement

by Contributor jacob on ‎02-08-2017 04:45 PM

and have a good look at what is happening with 3dsmax development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_mD67cO5c&feature=youtu.be&t=2519

Thank you for the post but not a 3ds Max Idea.

Kelly Michels

Sr 3ds Max QA

3ds Max Beta manager

Autodesk, Inc

Please look in to why MAX resets to factory settings (except remembers file history) at seemingly random times.  This problem happens when only one copy is open as well as when multiple copies, usually after a machine restart.  Separately listed since it isn't just a multiple copy open issue.  Thank you.

@karl

@omnidigital

What all settings are reset, do you lose custom keyboard shortcuts, custom quad menus, plugin paths, viewport configuration, etc?  Also what version of 3ds Max?  Are you running any service packs or updates?

If you can provide me with more information I'll work with you to run it down.

Kelly Michels

Sr 3ds Max QA

3ds Max Beta manager

Autodesk, Inc

Adsız.jpg

As noted, not related to V-Ray.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!