Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think comparatively the following tools can be improved in 3D Studio Max

I think comparatively the following tools can be improved in 3D Studio Max

First of all I want to say this is a great idea. I have been using it since the early versions of 3D studio max, I have also used or am using other 3D programs like: Lightwave, Maya, Cinema 4D, Softimage and SketchUp (Many other good 3D software), for education, modeling and general 3D art. I think comparatively the following tools can be improved in 3D Studio Max: in modeling you can improve the modeling tools to directly draw edges, extrusions, boleans, reference images in perspective and model from the images and extract the Textures from the images, I would take as an example the modeling tools and workflow in modeling with SketchUp, being more intuitive and efficient https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL190C90DCE62242C9.

Another possible improvement may be to allow customization of the menus and tools that may be active and the tools to be blocked, for example when training with 3D studio max do not use other tools, or for example when you want to work with only Modeling tools, animation, materials, and block the rest. Also another improvement can be to design the groups of tools more intuitively, to have a more direct access, from drop-down menu in circle, with several levels of access to the main tools in the first circle, the secondary and options in the second Circle and a third circle with the other main options of the tools and options.

Pedro Laso,

3D Cg Artist & Instructor

3 Comments
kris
Collaborator

I strongly suspect you'd be better off breaking these off into individual ideas; Autodesk will certainly want to be able to track a relatively narrow idea's interest, and its implementation...

michael_spaw
Autodesk

Ill mirror Kris's suggestion on breaking these up. It hard to gather support unless the idea is discrete and well explained.

Thanks

-Michael

Michael Spaw

3ds Max, Product Owner/Designer

Media and Entertainment Division

electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Archiving as there's too much for us to do from one post. Some of these are mentioned in other Ideas. I would propose to search for those relevant Ideas and if you don't find them, then separate out some of your topics into individual topics.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report