Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File open in Xref Dialog

File open in Xref Dialog

Make a right click file open option when selecting a file in the Xref dialog box.

5 Comments
papaf1
Collaborator

Another thought for this subject would be to have an edit an Xref in the scene. It would be nice to have the ability to double click a file in the Xref Dialog or right click and select Edit in a drop down menu. Then have that file become live as if you had opened the file, to give you the ability to change or refine the file while you are in the master scene. After the edit is complete you can exit out of the edit mode or right click the file in the Xref dialog to close the file and then that .max file would be saved and the master scene would be updated.

papaf1
Collaborator
In addition to this it would ne great to have an edit option from a right click on a file in the xref scene dialog. If you have an issue or a need to tweek an xref scene file to better match your needs in the master scene, this would give you the ability to do this without leaving the master scene. This would effect the xref item in that file. It could be like an edit in place option. You could adjust animation keys, materials, or just tweek the geometry to accomidate the master scene it is being use for.
michael_spaw
Autodesk

Thanks.

-Michael

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

tex3d
Participant

YES THANK YOU YES!! I was just going to post almost exactly this but thankfully did a search first. i hate having to leave my scene to go tweak something and then HOPE that it looks good in the Master scene. This post is good! - Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report