Procedurals maps are very useful. They could be improved to make them more powerful : offer more noise types, more controls, etc .
An excellent starting point would be looking into BerconMaps
Absolutely agree. We need a new advanced noise map type that ships with Max. Some additional ideas in order to make this a valid replacement for BerconMaps & co:
- Simplex noise type
- Perlin noise type
- Voronoi noise type
- Gabor noise type
- Randomization of position, rotation, scale per object/instance, element (subobject elements), particle, group (not sure if possible)
- ability to map ALL parameters
- a distortion/perturbation slot with mappable strength
- ability to save and load presets from a list, customizable by user
- simple image processing controls (brightness, min&max clamping, contrast, output intensity)
- should work with ALL shipping renderers - scanline & compatible, ART and Arnold
Agree, too. Procedural maps 're very useful and independent of user texture library.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Share and shape product ideas.
Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!
Autodesk is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software.