Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Chamfer modifiers default settings....please!

Change Chamfer modifiers default settings....please!

Why on earth does the chamfer modifier have tension set to 1.0 as default? At least in my case 99% of the time I want to it be 0,5 (round corners) and chamfer set to unsmoothed edges. I would assume this is what most people use this modifier for. It would save a lot of time not having to change these two values every time you add the modifier to a model.

6 Comments
Swordslayer
Advisor

You might want to check Chamfer Modifier with Custom Defaults and maybe also Modifier Preset Creator for further customization.

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Excellent idea! I just got word that the development team had already started looking at this for implementation, so I'll move this over to accepted.

thanks both! great tip for the script and very happy to hear the change will be implemented 🙂

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea moved a little faster than others and was likely a little more coincidental than something planned as a result of this post, but I am happy to announce that this improvement is now available in 3ds Max 2020, available today through the Autodesk Desktop App or on your account portal at manage.autodesk.com

Very happy to see it so soon. Though having default values at 0,5 isn't a major feature it very a very commonly used modifier and will save a lot of time over time. I'm also glad to see chamfer modifier getting other nice improvements as well.  Thanks!

BenediZ
Collaborator

@brentscannellHow is it possible to change the settings? I'm having the same need and can't find it in Max2021

I want to change the default settings of "Connect" in order to set always multiple divisions there.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report