Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Pan for Orthographic Views

2D Pan for Orthographic Views

Working as technical illustrator there are alot of occasions where you have to use cameras in orthographic mode (or) just a orthographic viewport. 3dsMax does handle Isometric Views quite well. So 2D pannig would be very welcomed here too (and the possibility to create a ortho camera from view as well, by the way).

This applies to Direct Light View, Orthographic Viewport and Camera with "Orthographic Projection" enabled, did i forget something?

I really can not imagine why some one would restrict this useful feature to point perspectives.

Cheers,

Stephan

7 Comments
tricotalazan
Contributor

you can do that,  press p, then Ctrl C,  check  "orth proyection" in the camera and thats it. 

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

stephan_reischer
Enthusiast

@tricotalazan: Yes, thank You, i know. But with a camera in ortho-mode the 2D-Pan doesn´t work also.

@Kelly_Michels: Please would You consider to change back the status of this idea to "gathering support"? My request was not about making a orthografic camera or so. Its about being able to use 2D-Pan/Zoom in ANY orthografical Viewport. Thats important for people who have to output/workWith isometric stuff. Not only for me. Ehsan.Sarahian did start a similar (or identical) request!

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Ehsan.Sarahian
Advocate
GeoffGray7368
Participant

Glad to see I'm not the only one who misses this feature.

@stephan_reischer wrote:

Working as technical illustrator there are alot of occasions where you have to use cameras in orthographic mode (or) just a orthographic viewport. 3dsMax does handle Isometric Views quite well. So 2D pannig would be very welcomed here too (and the possibility to create a ortho camera from view as well, by the way).

This applies to Direct Light View, Orthographic Viewport and Camera with "Orthographic Projection" enabled, did i forget something?

I really can not imagine why some one would restrict this useful feature to point perspectives.

Cheers,

Stephan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report